(Last Updated: 12/20/2022)
RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESS AND USE
Adult Tobacco or Nicotine Consumers Only. In order to interact with us, you must be 21 years of age or older and have certified that you are a tobacco or nicotine consumer who is 21 years of age or older, want to receive information and promotions concerning our products and understand that providing false information may constitute a violation of law. Before you are eligible to be added to our marketing contact list (“Marketing List”) or before making a purchase on one of our websites, we will verify that you are 21 years of age or older. If you are under 21 years old or have otherwise gained access to one of our websites by providing false information such as your date of birth, leave the website immediately.
WHY WE COLLECT
We collect information for a variety of business purposes. These purposes may include the following: to provide the services you request (e.g., to mail you requested coupons or fulfillment services), to provide e-commerce offerings, to provide other services we may offer in the future, to tailor our communications about our products, services and brands to you, and for consumer research and/or other business purposes.
We strive to maintain accurate information about you on our Marketing List through consumer surveys, adult tobacco or nicotine consumer-initiated contacts, and responses to our marketing programs (online and offline), as well as through address update services, among other things.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW
We collect information about you in many ways, including directly from you, your devices and your interactions with us, whether in person, by mail or electronically, including on our websites. We may also receive information about you automatically via technologies on our websites (according to your preferences) and from third parties, such as from service providers that provide services for us in connection with our websites such as address update services, as well as from service providers or retailers to whom you have provided information.
Personal Information. “Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact an individual, such as your name, date of birth, driver’s license number, the last four digits of your Social Security number, telephone number, mailing address, billing address or email address. There are several ways in which you may provide us with, and consent to our collection of, personal information, including:
Examples of Information That You May Provide:
· Registering for our Marketing List When you register for our Marketing List, we collect, and associate with your account, information like your name, date of birth, email address, phone number, mailing address, billing address and frequently the last four digits of your Social Security number. We may also rely upon third-party services to review publicly available information about you to verify your age.
· Updating Your Account. You can update certain personal information associated with your account by logging into your account. In addition, we may periodically ask you to confirm or update your email or mailing address, or information regarding product and brand preferences, among other things.
· Completing a “Contact Us” Form. If you complete a “contact us” request form, you must be registered for an account on our website and be logged into your account.
· Initiating a “Chat with Us” Request. If you initiate a “chat with us” request, you must be registered for an account on our website and be logged into your account.
· Submitting Content to Us. When you use our websites, or communicate with us in other ways (e.g., email, mail, telephone, text-message, social media, mobile app or in person), we may store, process and transmit content you share or review (including things like your comments on message boards and photos you upload) and information related to them (for example, location tags in photos). This will make it easy for you to do things like share items/materials, post messages, and respond to offers and other information from us.
· Making a Purchase from Us, or Using One of Our Coupons. With respect to websites that permit direct e-commerce sales to adult tobacco or nicotine consumers, you may submit your payment (such as credit or debit card) information and mailing address if you place an order with us. The information is collected and validated by a third-party payment processor and stored using industry standard encryption; this information is not shared with us. Payment information is used only to process your order. Your mailing address is used to send your order to you and to assist in verifying your age or identity as may be required by law. In addition, we may collect information regarding your use of coupons we may offer for use at retail or on one of our websites that permit direct e-commerce sales.
Examples of Information That May Be Collected Automatically:
· Location Information. Your devices may transmit general location information (e.g., region, city and state) to us. For example, we may use your IP address to identify your general location. If you give us permission (such as via a mobile app), then we may receive more precise location data from your mobile device (such as via GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points). This allows us to provide you with content and offers that may be relevant to you based on your location, such as special content, offers, coupons, and promotions that are available in your area.
· Traffic Data. Whenever you visit or interact with our websites, we (as well as our service providers) may use assorted technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how it is accessed and used by you. We refer to this information as traffic data. Traffic data may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, device type used to access the websites (i.e., computer or mobile device), unique number assigned to identify such device, application version, click path taken through the websites and your use of features or applications on the websites. Technologies we use to collect traffic data, include, but are not limited to, cookies and beacons.
· Cookies. Cookies are pieces of information that a website stores on your computer. We may place temporary cookies or similar files on your computer or other devices used to access our websites to facilitate navigation (e.g., to streamline the login process), to personalize your experience while visiting our websites (e.g., allowing us to select content that is most likely to appeal to you based on your preferences or location), and for security purposes (e.g., to maintain security while you browse our websites and help ensure that only authorized adult tobacco or nicotine consumers are on our websites). Please refer to your browser’s help menu for more information on how to manage your cookie settings. If you disable or opt out of receiving cookies, some features and services on our websites may not work as intended and you may not have access to all of the services and features we may offer.
· Beacons. Web beacons (also known as spotlight tags, Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs) are transparent images that may appear on our websites, in our emails, or elsewhere. Web beacons may collect information about your interactions with our websites and our emails, including the pages you view, the emails you open, the features you use, the links you click and other actions you take in connection with our websites or emails from us in order to deliver content that may be of the most interest to you and to improve our websites, our services, and our products.